Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Another vacation

Another vacation is approaching. This one is for 8 days. I'm hoping to use this break in a productive way, thus, I'm looking for farm work during that time period. I'm in Massachusetts, but have the ability to travel, within the Northeast/Mid Atlantic states. My goal is simply to work and to learn. I want to learn practically. I learn by doing. I would be open to work on all kinds of farms, but ideally dairy. I could arrive on Saturday the 18th. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Here at my school, I'm taking Agroecology this semester. The description of this course reads "based on a participatory learning model, Introduction to Agroecology investigates the philosophical and social underpinnings to the ecologically sustainable farm movement." An important part of this class is the designing of a project, which the student creates and runs. For my project, I'm thinking about raising a few meat birds on a small plot of grass. Due to the time constraints, I'm thinking about the Cornish Cross. Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment