Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Just trying to survive.

I feel as if I am mindlessly going through the motions of urban life. If I could, I would stop this monotonous routine. It feels as if there is no light at the end of the tunnel, because the bankrupt state couldn't afford to pay to keep it on.
I talk to these students at my school, who believe that their best possible future is to join the armed forces, and it makes me sad for them. Rather than set long-term and productive goals for themselves, they are setting destructive short term goals. I don't see anything positive that would be the result of military service. I wish that these students would do something productive.

I can't think about them too much, otherwise it becomes depressing. I simply spend my time thinking about farming, and about my future.
I wouldn't mention my aspirations among these students, because they would look at me in a peculiar fashion, and then make derogatory remarks behind my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment