Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year

I hope everyone enjoyed the excessive holidays.
Lately, I've been feeling agitated and out of place. I feel like I don't belong here, in this soulless environment. I don't belong here. I belong on a piece of rural land somewhere. I belong in an environment where people care about agriculture, and don't view it as a second class profession. I just want to be in a place where people share my views on life. Is this so much to ask for? I just feel like daily life is grinding on my nerves. The same monotonous routine endlessly repeats, while I just go with it. While my body is here, in a large metropolis, my heart, mind and soul are on a dairy farm somewhere beautiful. I would be ecstatic to hear the sounds of mooing cows. I wouldn't mind shovelling manure at all. I would be so happy to get my hands dirty, and just help produce good, clean food.
Food production should be small-scale, not industrial. The reason that people are so distanced from their food is that they have no experience. They most likely don't know a local farmer, because a majority of the food eaten is produced and packaged thousands of miles away in a smelly, cramped, and inhumane environment.

1 comment:

  1. I know that you would rather be on a farm, but since you are in Los Angeles for the moment, why not do some urban agriculture?

    ReplyDelete