Friday, January 28, 2011

Plans

The Farm.
It has been a while since I've written.
I have been busy with my mundane and monotonous existence. I am starting to think about a plan for my sustainable, organic farm. I am not sure where I want to settle, but I am thinking about Northern Vermont, or Upstate New York. I am thinking about what I want to produce. I am thinking that I'll have 100 laying hens. 20 chickens for meat (at a time), 20 dairy cows, 15 goats for milk, and 5 pigs for meat. This would be in addition to large vegetable garden. I would run a farm stand operation, where I would sell my products I would also run a CSA. If I were close enough to a city, I could sell my goods at farmers markets. I plan on also running educational programs, so that I can teach the future generations about the importance of good, clean, and fair food. For this summer, I am going to apply for Sterling College's summer program, and I am also going to look for farming internships. If anyone knows of any good farming internships, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment