Saturday, April 2, 2011

Animals on Drouault Farm

After much thought, I've created a rough plan for Drouault Farm.
I intend for the farm to start out with laying hens, meat birds, and a dairy operation, with cows and goats. As I continue, I may expand. I want this farm to be grass based, similar to Joel Salatin's Polyface Farm.

I want my farm to be within 3 hours of New York City. That way, I can have access to the many farmer's markets.

I am not following in the urban footsteps of my family.
I am blazing a new trail, through pastures.

3 comments:

  1. I love that line "blazing a new trail, through pastures". I can totally relate. I was raised in town by non-farming parents and I feel like I am wandering off of the path that they are on. I commend you for pursuing your dream and taking on a valuable profession.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    Congratulations! I'm a young-ish (maybe old to you) farmer in Nova Scotia, Canada. I think it's awesome that you're planning on being a farmer. It's such a sweet career choice! Our farm is called Broadfork Farm and, if you're interested, our website is www.broadforkfarm.com.

    If you're ever up in our area, we'd love to show you what we're up to!

    Good luck!

    Peas and love, Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you for your support!

    ReplyDelete