Saturday, September 1, 2012

Progress

Things are certainly moving along in my endeavor to buy the land in NC.
I had a wonderful chat with the owner yesterday, and he's more than willing to work with me.
My goal is that I will be able to start living and working on the land next summer.
It's going to require a lot of work, as the land is currently overgrown, and there are no buildings.
The property consists of forests and pasture, with a pond in the middle.
It is on these 11 acres where my farming aspiratoins will come to fruition.
Over the next several years, I'll turn these overgrown acres into a place where crops and animals are rased in a socially and environmentally responsible way.
In addition, I am committed to maintaining the peacefulness of the area, both for my sake, and the neighbors.
The neighbors are incredible welcoming and supportive, and have similar goals about organic farming.
I feel that this is a new chapter in my life and for this blog as well.
Prior to this moment, the blog was a series of theoretical posts about my desires for the distant future
Now, this blog will still have posts with my reflections on life, food, and farming, but it will also be a blog of progress, with regular updates as I take this journey.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck in your endeavor! What a wonderful goal! I hope you take pictures as you develop your little piece of paradise.

    ReplyDelete