Thursday, August 30, 2012

Buying the place in NC


I'm sending this message out to friends, family, and others.
If you can help, either by donating, or by spreading the word, it would be much appreciated.

"Since you have to be 18 to fund a project through Kickstarter, I'm going to try funding my own project through another grassroots method. Good-old word of mouth.My goal is to raise enough money so that I can purchase 11 acres of land in North Carolina, with a pond.I am trying to fundraise so that I can create an organic haven, where good, clean food grows everywhere. It's a large goal, but I have hope that enough people are willing to help me make a difference in the food system.Currently, the asking price is $179,000.I don't expect one person to give the entire amount, but I believe that this can be accomplished through many small gifts.Similar to Kickstarter, there would be rewards for each level of donation, such as a farm tour, organic produce, ceramic pieces, and other itemsIf you are interested in helping me in this endeavor, please email me at drouaultfarm@yahoo.com.(please feel free to distribute this message as you wish) "

No comments:

Post a Comment