Friday, November 12, 2010

Colleges

Why do people choose to go to such huge colleges?
I have no idea.
UCLA has over 26,000 students in the undergraduate program. Yale has approximately 6,000 students. I frankly don't see anything appealing about being in such a large environment. Currently, I am at a public high school with 3,000 students, 9th-12th, and I feel lost in the crowds. Some of my classes have almost 40 students in them. My goal is to go to a college where I won't be in a massive crowd. Being in a tight-knit community is something that matters a lot to me.

Another thing that bothers me greatly is that there are many students who don't want to be at school. I often see these kids sleeping on their desks. Also, many students don't turn in homework, even in Honors classes. When I see students with a lack of motivation, it can be demoralizing to be in the same class.

I want to be surrounded by people who enjoy working, both academically, and physically. I am fed up with the apathy that I see at my school.
So, while some kids are planning to drop out, and others are planning to go to a huge school, I am going to work towards attending a small school with a focus on agriculture.

1 comment:

  1. The best education you can get is to read! READ READ READ! Read everything you can get your hands on, history will teach you a lot. And as someone I admire always says "question with boldness". You will be far smarter than many who come out of those huge colleges. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete