Friday, November 19, 2010

Living the urban life

Sorry for the lag in posting. I've been trying to keep my head above water in the urban public school. I am trying to adjust to living in such a crowded place, but it is challenging.
I came from a place where life wasn't so rushed.
I came from a place where people enjoy learning.
I came from a place where people aren't afraid to get dirty.
Many natives of Southern California seem afraid of getting their hands dirty. If someone steps in a minuscule puddle of rainwater, they are on the verge of tears. Where I'm from, a large puddle of mud is nothing to fret about, because you just walk through it.
If people weren't so precious, they would be better off. When talking about attending a school with an agricultural component, I am looked at as if I am crazy. I recieve looks, and feel like I'm of a different species. My desktop background on my laptop is a Holstein calf. When anyone at school looks at my desktop, I hear a snicker.
My alleged peers read Vogue, while I read Hoards.

Oh well, what can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment