Monday, November 29, 2010

Turkey

At the school I attended last year, I saw turkeys get slaughtered for our Thanksgiving festival. Seeing the slaughter was an experience like no other, because it made me think a lot about food. When most people sit down to dinner on Thanksgiving, they have only seen the turkey wrapped in platic, or on the plate.
If everyone who celebrates Thanksgiving were to witness a turkey slaughter, people would think more about what they are putting into their bodies. The meal wouldn't just be thought of as calories. The turkey would be thought of as an animal that was once alive and breathing.

I don't think people fully appreciate the fact that an animal died to be on their plate.
Whenever I eat meat, I am fully aware that animals gave up their lives, for me to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment