Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Back in the "normal" routine.

I'm back to a "normal" routine, in which we are expected to eat food, and just think of it as food. We're not supposed to ponder the quality or its origins. We're just supposed to fill our plates.
I'm fed up with this. I like eating meals that I have prepared, and that I know all sources of the ingredients.
For example, while in North Carolina, I ate fried green tomatoes, which I had picked off the vine that afternoon.
Outside of farms, there's always a vast disconnect, and people don't think about what they are ingesting.
The only time that they ponder their food is when the add heaps of salt to the food, as a way to mask the blandness.
I urge everyone who can to try a farm-fresh egg.
You will discover what an egg is supposed to taste like. The color is different as well, a deeper yellow, if not orange.
If you have the opportunity, eat real, farm fresh food, while it's still available.
And going back to the main point of this blog, that's why I want to farm.
I want real, healthy food, in its purest form, to be available.

No comments:

Post a Comment