Thursday, August 23, 2012

Leaving North Carolina

My five day stint WWOOFing in North Carolina draws to a close tomorrow, when I will board a northbound plane. I have benefited greatly from my time here. I did a lot of fulfilling farm work, which I greatly enjoyed. In addition, I had some leisure time, which I spent fishing. This evening, I had an eighteen inch bass on my line, when it snapped, less then 6 inches out of my reach. 
In addition to the physical activities, we had great discussions about food and farming. 
Also, I found that amazing plot of land, and I'm currently in the process of talking with the owner, which is so exciting. 
It would truly be starting from scratch, as it's just land, with no buildings, and all the pastures ate overgrown. It would be a wonderful opportunity to start a farm. 
I greatly benefited from this time in NC, and I hope to return soon. 

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had such a great learning experience! I hope it works out that you can get the land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes to your endeavor and your farming experience.

    excavation seattle

    ReplyDelete